The benefits for exercising during pregnancy are endless!
• Healthy weight gain
• Easier weight loss after birth
• Reduce and prevent common aches and pains
• Improve sleep and mental health
• Increase energy levels
(To name a few)
But what might be concerning for mothers-to-be is the effect this will have on their little ones! BUT you can rest assured because…
EXERCISE DURING PREGNANCY IS COMPLETELY SAFE FOR YOUR BABY.
There is NO evidence that exercise has any risk of miscarriage. There is also NO evidence that suggests that safe, pregnancy specific exercise has any danger to the fetus. In fact, it is actually quite the opposite!! The benefits of exercise during pregnancy for your baby are also endless! Take a look at some interesting findings below!
Studies have shown:
- Exercise increases blood flow and nourishment to the fetus!
- Children exposed to exercise in the womb have decreased fat stores at birth AND into adulthood.
- Exercise during pregnancy is associated with improvements in cardiovascular health after birth and into adulthood (this means your baby has a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes later in life).
- Higher motor and language development at 2 years of age.
- Some evidence to show improved academic and extracurricular performance as well as balance, speed and endurance in older kids compared to those not exposed to maternal exercise.
Exercise during pregnancy shouldn’t be strenuous! Just a little bit of movement each day can make all the difference to not only your pregnancy experience but also to your baby.
GIVE YOUR BABY THE BEST START TO LIFE!
Written by Alex Gleeson
If you are ready to start moving but not sure what is safe, visit STRONG by Alex to see how we can help you!